The position will work closely with coworkers and internal business partners to clarify requirements, analyze complex data, and produce and present meaningful and defensible results, including the identification of success factors and barriers, improvement opportunities, proposing solutions, and informing strategic decisions. Areas of focus in the department include but are not limited to provider, health management, quality, product development and client/member analytics.
A Day in the Life:
- Uses databases for analysis and dissemination of information.
- Performs complex analysis of data.
- Researches, analyzes data, applies statistical methods when appropriate, and provides interpretation of outcomes.
- Identifies issues to be researched, determining affected areas, estimating the impact and contributing to the resolution.
- Implements improvements to process, analysis, and research methods.
- Works with principal positions and management to understand and interpret the impacts to cost and quality of proposals using relevant data sources and analytic methods.
- Assists in the implementation of new products and systems by providing actionable information and recommendations that evaluate the impact of the proposed products and systems.
- May represent the division on corporate projects and may have leadership roles on these teams.
- Independently manages issues that may arise on multiple tasks or projects with limited management involvement.
- Acts as a resource for other members of the department and company on business issues and may be responsible for training and guidance of other employees.
Nice to Have:
- Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of managed care and health care claims preferred.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors degree in related field, with 5 years related job experience, or 9 years job related experience in lieu of a degree or a Masters degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years experience using programming and statistical software (e.g., SAS), use of various databases and other data sources, and performing analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Ability to perform and interpret a variety of statistical analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and interpret complex data.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and with an ability to interpret and communicate analytical information to individuals and groups with varying levels of analytics expertise in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex results and conclusions to non-technical audiences and to senior decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team setting with individuals having diverse professional backgrounds including business, technical, and/or clinical.